Are you thinking of selling your home sometime next year? We’re here to tell you that you don’t have to wait.
Experts say that spring is the best time to sell, but that theory is shifting. Home sales have increased from November to December an average of 4.5% for the past three years. This means that even though there are less homes on the market, buyers are still out there buying at a steady, if not increased, pace.
Because of this, selling during the holidays doesn’t have to spell disaster. You may be surprised that there are advantages to selling your home this time of year.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
- Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their new employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now. If a buyer is trudging around in cold weather to look at your home, they must be serious. That could be because many winter buyers are working against a deadline, whether it’s an expiring lease, relocation, or a contract on their current home.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Inventory of homes for sale traditionally slows in the late fall, early winter. Take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream homes during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge and reach new heights, which will lessen the demand for your house in 2019.
With all these advantages on your side, hopefully selling your home in the winter won’t feel so daunting. If you are still skeptical, give us a call! We’ll put all of your worries at ease and get you into the home of your dreams.
Give the Robinson Team a call. Let us assist you in selling your home, as well as finding your next one. No matter the season, The Robinson Team sells homes!